Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Goodbyes

So... I'm going to New York tomorrow morning for our orientation.
                 I've finished my schoolwork, packed my suitcase, and said goodbye to my friends (by far the hardest of the three).

I think it has finally hit me that I'm not going to see all of these people for a whole five months. I keep telling myself to calm down, that it really isn't forever, but (and maybe this is because I said a lot of hard goodbyes today) I can't help but feel a little sad.

To everyone in the states: Thanks for making my life so amazing. I'm not trying to be cheesy or sentimental there... Just honest. I am going to miss you all.

So... tomorrow I'm off to New York for orientation, Thursday I get on the plane, and by Friday night I'll be 4906 miles from where I am right now, with my new family in Russia.

Despite the sadness of saying goodbye, I've got to admit, this is pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment