Thursday, January 5, 2012

20 Days

In 21 days I will be in Russia.
In 121 days I will still be in Russia. 

Isn't that crazy?

    To be honest, I don't think that it has really hit me that I am leaving. I also don't think I fully grasp how hard of an experience this is going to be. Whenever I have talked to people that have been on exchanges, they say it is one of the best times of their lives, but they also say it is one of the hardest. I get that on a mental level: being in a new culture, country, being attacked by a language you don't speak etc, but I don't think I've fully grasped it emotionally. 

Another matter that has been distressing almost everyone I know from my mother to from my elementary school art teacher (seriously), is that I don't have a host family yet. At first, I was pretty calm about it, but now I'm starting to get agitated too. Let me put you in my shoes:
Imagine that for 5 months and 3 days, you are going to live with a family you have never met. Imagine you don't know who they are, or where they live... Alarming right?


1 comment:

  1. oh,yeah, I can 100% understand you.
    Same thing but I From Russia in US

    ReplyDelete